- Email access - Webmail
- Access to systems end electronic services - STUDENTS
- Laptop connection
- VPN remote access to Debian
- Password change
- Email filtering - redirection
- Quota problems
- Folder - directory public_html
- Login by ssh without password
- Printing from laptop with Linux OS
- Free temporary space for data storage in Linux machines
- Subscription to mail lists of courses (majordomo)
- Using turnin program
- Browsers: cache - speed
- Useful programs
- Wing E maps
Regulation for the use of computing facilities and network
The Department of Computer Science enables its members – instructors, students, and staff – to have access to its computing facilities for the furtherance of educational and research activity within the Department and across the University of Crete.
Authorized use is provided for:
- Students of the Department, upon their first registration. Explicit right to access is maintained until their graduation, and is automatically renewed each academic semester as of their registration renewal.
- Students from other Departments of the University of Crete who are attending a course offered by our Department, solely for the duration of the semester and exclusively for the purposes of the particular course.
- Affiliating partners with the Department, upon request of the supervising Department associate, and following the relevant endorsement by the Chair of the Department.
Any use that falls outside of the above mentioned definitions, requires prior approval by the authorized members of the Department.
All users are responsible for the proper maintenance of the hardware and software that is provided for. Each account is strictly personal. The user is held accountable for any activity that results from them, and which is incongruous to the purposes of the Department and the University of Crete.
IT users must not:
- Access or attempt to access other accounts, services or systems
- Use bulk e-mail
- Unreasonably interfere with computing and networking resources
- Violate copyright law
- Explicitly or implicitly attempt speculative/commercial/advertising content or intentional tort
- Expose sensitive data
- Infringe upon domestic or international law
The use of IT services at the Department of Computer Science entails the understanding and acknowledgement of the following conditions and use policy.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the Department of Computer Science is not bound to the services that it offers to its users. Specifically, it bears no attachment to the quantity or the content of its services, on their integrity, their uninterrupted availability and their particular specifications, or even the utter satisfaction of user needs. IT services are provided per se.
The Department offers the best possible technical support to its IT users, tries to anticipate possible distractions, and to intervene for the best solutions. Under no circumstances does it accept responsibility for potential data loss and/or electronic mail loss or hardware damage or software failure on devices that are connected to its network.
In case of any technical problem and whenever this is possible, the community of users is notified through e-mails. There is always the possibility that prompt notification is not feasible, and that one or more services may be unavailable until the current problem has been resolved.
It should be noted that the responsibility for the reading of electronic news boards, administration messages or other information that is sent by the registry or the system support group, is exclusively binding the users.
Failure to comply with these regulations may lead to immediate suspension of access to the resources. The Chair and the General Committee of the Depertment reserve the right to permanently suspend user accounts which place at risk the integrity of its network or services.