Our two-year Masters’ program aims at enhancing knowledge and understanding in the aforementioned areas via specialized courses and a one-year thesis, also preparing students for enrollment to Ph.D. programs around the world.
The Computer Science Department closely collaborates with the Institute of Computer Science of FORTH, especially on issues related to research. Collectively, the two organizations have built and continue to sustain and grow an excellent, interdisciplinary environment for graduate education and research, attracting both the necessary talent and resources. We regularly participate in international graduate programs and other training and research activities, maintaining a broad range of international academic and industrial partners and collaborators.
Graduate studies can be supported by scholarships from FORTH, the University, and other organizations.
Applications can be submitted in two cycles, one during the fall semester and one during the spring semester, with enrollment taking place in the next academic semester. Application deadlines are:
|Cycle||Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Application deadline||October 31||March 31|
|Evaluation Results||December 15||May 31|
|Enrollment||Next (Spring) Semester||Next (Fall) Semester|
The application submission and the supporting documents is made ONLY electronically via the https://postgrad.cict.uoc.gr website in which the applicants will have to create a user account, process their application, upload their supporting documents and submit it definitively before the expiry of the deadline.
For an application to be complete and to be considered for evaluation, applicants need to provide:
- List of courses attended by the applicant (Application Part 2)
- Statement of Purpose with respect to the title saught (Masters Application form Part 3)
- Transcripts of study
- Certified copies of degrees
- Copies of Certificates for the English Language
- Copies or description of significant projects and reports
- CV of the applicant
- At least three reference letters (Masters Recommendation Letter Form ). Recommendation letters need to be sent directly by References to the Graduate Secretariat at email@example.com. Recommendation letters are confidential and are not disclosed by the Department to applicants before or after the application procedure.
- If the first Degree is awarded by foreign Higher Education Institution, recognition by the Hellenic National Recognition Information (NARIC), is required.
- Other supplementary information that can support the application
If an application is accepted the applicant will be required to provide all original degrees and certificates before enrollment.
For the Photo included in the application: You can attach type files: .png, .jpeg, maximum size: 2MB and dimensions: 200px x 200px
For more information, please contact the Graduate Secretariat of the Department at:
Department of Computer Science
University of Crete
Voutes Campus, Heraklion, GR-70013, Greece