Long title: FOster the Comprehension, adoption and USe of Knowledge intensive technologies for coding and sharing 3D media content in consolidated and emerging application communities
Funding: EU, FP7
Type: CSA - Coordination and Support Action
Contract number: FP7-ICT-2007-214993
Period: March 2008 - February 2010
Web site: FOCUS K3D
The aim of FOCUS-K3D is to foster the comprehension, adoption and use of knowledge intensive technologies for coding and sharing 3D media content in consolidated and emerging application communities by:
- Exploiting the scientific and technological advances in the representation of the semantics of 3D media to increase awareness of the new technologies for intelligent 3D content creation and management.
- Building user-driven scenarios to evaluate and adapt the technologies so far developed to the requirements of application environments.
- Fostering a shift of role of 3D content users, from passive consumers of technologies to active creators.
In FOCUS-K3D, specific application scenarios were set up, and for each of them specific dissemination and take-up actions will be coordinated to demonstrate that semantic 3D content can answer a number of open problems in the content production and processing chain in those domains. In particular the focus was on the domains of:
- Medicine and Bioinformatics
- Gaming and Simulation
- CAD/CAE and Virtual Product Modelling
- Archaeology and Cultural Heritage.
Personal contribution to the project
I was a Research Associate working with the Center for Research and Technology Thessaly (CERETETH), Greece.
I was responsible for the Archaeology and Cultural Heritage Working Group.